Where do UFOs come from?
Are aliens and extraterrestrial even real?
Where do UFOs come from? Are aliens from other planets visiting earth? Are UFOs real?
A view that fits with the teachings of the Bible, and which most Christians would say is logical, is this:
- Some UFOs may be space junk returning to earth's atmosphere, or they may be weather balloons, lenticular clouds, meteorological oddities, St. Elmo's Fire, or similar natural items.
- Others are pranks. Some have been found to be plastic garbage bags tied with barbecue fire-starters that rise as heat builds under them, and which ignite the bag and cause it to burn in the sky with an orange glow.
- UFO sightings over Norway on December 9, 2009 coincided with a failed Russian missile test launch.
- Other sightings are stories made up for a laugh, which can never be proved.
- Some simply cannot be explained at this time because not enough information is available.
- Others are possibly secret or experimental aircraft, which governments always deny.
- Some, such as the famous Roswell UFO incident in New Mexico in 1947, may have other explanations. The US Air Force's explanation in the 1997 report, Case Closed, gives elaborate reasons why the “dead aliens” that were found were actually early crash test dummies.
- The most troublesome UFO sightings — those that
may result in people claiming they have been abducted or
taken aboard UFOs for mind experiments — often
leave skeptics, atheists, rationalists and others
struggling for believable answers. Yet Christians suspect
they are almost certainly the work of Satan or his
The Bible says Satan comes disguised as “an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:14), and he comes with all sorts of counterfeit miracles (2 Thessalonians 2:9). These types of UFO encounters often occur in areas with a lot of interest in the occult, or where there are witches covens or churches of Satan, or they happen to people who have an interest in occult things.
No other planet in our solar system has shown evidence of life, and we certainly cannot prove there is life on any planet outside our solar system. There is absolutely no evidence that any UFOs come from outside earth apart from Satan's involvement.
Why search for life on other planets?
Billions of dollars have been wasted searching for extraterrestrial intelligence, with not even a hint of success. Yet the search goes on.
The basis behind the expectation that there is life on other planets is based solely on the false evolutionary view that life evolved on earth so it must have evolved on some other planet.
The Christian view is that life was created on earth by God, and Jesus came to die for the sins of people on earth, not somewhere else in the vast universe.
After all, earth is where people sinned, and this is where Jesus came to pay for their sins, so it is unlikely that people exist anywhere else in the universe. The Bible tells us that Jesus died once for all, so it doesn't make sense to think He's also dying constantly for other people all around the universe.
Amazing human achievement
Visiting other planets in our solar system is an amazing achievement. It helps us appreciate the vastness of space and lets us see other parts of God's creation that seemed impossible a century ago.
But as for finding intelligent life elsewhere, it's not going to happen. Isaiah 45:12 in the Bible tells us God said, “I have made the earth and created man on it.”
The first chapter of the Bible tells us that God created earth before He even created the sun, moon and stars, so earth is His central focus and we are made in His image.
And this is something we can be extremely thankful for.
- How are UFO pictures faked?
- Is the John T. Scopes 1925 UFO photo genuine?
- Has the Bermuda Triangle mystery been solved?
- Is the Shroud of Turin a fake?
- Does the Bible teach that the earth is flat?
- Is creation science scientific?
- Do men have fewer ribs than women because God used one of Adam's ribs to create Eve?